Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Learning New Words

Prior to today, I don't think I'd ever heard the word "Doxx" before. I looked it up today because it's everywhere right now in headlines stating that Donald Trump doxxed Senator Lindsey Graham. I went to Urban Dictionary:

Doxx: expose someone's true identity, usually a name or address (but in this case a phone number.)

So what's going on? The Donald gave Graham's (apparently) genuine cell phone number out during a speech in South Carolina. Graham responded by proclaiming, quote: "When it comes to the Donald, nothing surprises me any more," unquote. To be fair, yesterday Graham called Trump a "jackass," partly but almost certainly not entirely because Trump dissed Sen. John McCain by saying he's not a war hero, and McCain and Graham are BFFs. Politico has the story.

Are you still with me? This just gets more and more entertaining and the first debate is in 16 days. According to the Washington Post, based on current polling, Trump will be on that debate stage and Graham will not. (Note that most of the polling used for this chart was done before Trump dissed McCain.)

July 20

Also not on the debate stage? John Kasich (pronounced KAY-sik,) who officially declared himself a candidate this morning. I've updated my list:

Declared GOP Candidates
  1. Ted Cruz (March 23) 
  2. Rand Paul (April 7)
  3. Marco Rubio (April 14)
  4. Dr. Ben Carson (May 3) 
  5. Carly Fiorina (May 4) 
  6. Mike Huckabee (May 5) 
  7. Rick Santorum (May 27)
  8. George Pataki (May 28)
  9. Lindsey Graham (June 1) 
  10. Rick Perry (June 4) 
  11. Jeb Bush (June 15)
  12. Donald Trump (June 16) 
  13. Bobby Jindal (June 24) 
  14. Chris Christie (June 30)
  15. Scott Walker (July 13) 
  16. John Kasich (July 21) 
Possible Republican Candidates
Jim Gilmore (Announcement in early August) 

It turns out I jumped the gun when I put Jim Gilmore on the Declared list. Apparently he hasn't officially announced yet and is planning to do so in early August, so I moved him back to the Possible list. 

Days until Election Day: 475

No comments: