Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Kennedy, I Heard

Wretched excess? Yes
Over-the-top? You bet
Just plain tacky? Absolutely

The deed is done, K-watchers. Kimye is officially a married couple and info about the big do is slowly trickling out. I just counted *seven* wedding stories on people.com, plus the exciting news that more photos will be in next week's issue of People magazine, on newsstands Friday. I haven't written my Guessing Game post yet, but it's a safe bet what the main cover story will be. If my math is correct, 72 days takes us to August 4; presumably the marriage will last a bit longer than that. You know lots of folks will be watching and counting.

The Daily Beast has a story too, including this fun tidbit:
For those who are obsessed with the popular reality show, the wedding was a pinnacle moment. For the rest of the world, it was a curiously bizarre event. Most Florentines didn’t even know who the couple getting married was. “A Kennedy, I heard,” Beatrice Cigarini told The Daily Beast as she walked her dog around the perimeter of the castle. She had never heard of the Kardashians. 
Love it! 

No comments: