Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Guessing Game: Rum, Chocolate Cake & Scented Candles

Two big guesses this week. With all the weirdness on last night's finale of The Bachelor, this could be the week of the big Bach cover story. I have a love/hate relationship with the show - it's so silly, obnoxious and manipulative by turns that I'm embarrassed to admit I watch. On the other hand it's so hilariously entertaining that I can't stop actually, you know, watching. (True: I was folding clean laundry during part of the show last night so it didn't have my full attention.) Based on my scan of the current pop culture landscape, Worst Bachelor Ever Juan Pablo, and some combination of "winner but not engaged" Nikki, "keep your hands off me, you creep" Clare and "this has nothing to do with me because I'm the next Bachelorette" Andi will probably be the lead story.

Unless... There's also big news from London. Prince Harry and girlfriend Cressida Bonas were photographed together at one of the prince's official events, which for royalty is as close as it gets to signifying official coupleness without an actual engagement. Time has a fun video with five things to know about Cressida, noting that she has a distinct "90s" fashion sensibility; I'm seeing a slight swinging-60s-in-London vibe too, with the heavy eyebrows, dark lashes and pale pink lips. Will Harry propose? Is Cressy going to be a princess? (Or, more likely, Her Royal Highness the Duchess-of-something-or-other. Normally the second son takes the title of Duke of York, but since the Queen's second son, Prince Andrew, is still around, Her Majesty will have to find another "Dukedom" for Harry and Cressy, but that's a guessing game for another day.) Lots to ponder where Harry is concerned, and as I'm typing this I'm betting that Harry gets the main cover with Juan Pab and the girls as a sidebar story.

Other possibilities:
The Dancing With The Stars cast
The missing Malaysia Airlines flight, with three American passengers
Kimye sets a wedding date
Amy Robach's cancer treatment

No comments: