Thursday, August 29, 2013

The New Issue

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones Separate

I didn't officially play the guessing game this week, but Khloé, Miley and Linda were all on my mental list of cover possibilities and they all got sidebar stories. I hadn't heard anything about Michael Douglas's problems so the main cover story took me by surprise.

I'm still pondering the state of the Kardashian brand, and I'm guessing mother-from-hell Kris Jenner is having a very bad week. After Kanye's sit-down with Kris last week and the big "first baby pic" reveal, Kris (and Kim) probably figured the baby would be the big K story in the news this week. Not quite. Little sis Khloé's marital woes knocked North off the tabloid covers and not in a good way. Lamar is a drug addict? Really? It's possible that in Reality-TV land, where any publicity is good publicity, at least most of the time, a drug addict husband/SIL/BIL will just add to the drama and draw more viewers to the mothership KUWTK show, but I think it's an overall negative for the brand. And on top of all that, word on the street is that Kris's talk show has been cancelled. As I said, Kris isn't having a good week.

No comments: