Monday, May 6, 2019

It's A Boy - Updated (And The Most Beautiful Issue)




No need to guess what this week's People cover story will be. I love that Meghan's mom Doria is right there with her; based on the wording of the announcement below it appears that Meghan gave birth at home. It's sweet that Diana's siblings (Jane Fellowes, Sarah McCorquodale and Earl Spencer) were included in the announcement too. 




Update: Meghan's father, Thomas Markle, appears to have learned from past mistakes, or maybe he hired a savvy publicist and agreed to follow their guidance, because today he issued a very gracious statement about Meghan's new baby. Note the British spelling of "honour," and he even throws in a God save the Queen, with GOD in all-caps no less. That part's a bit much, but still. He's trying:

In a statement Thomas, 74, who lives 5,500 miles away from Windsor Castle, told The Sun: “I'm delighted to hear that mother and child are doing well.

“I am proud that my new grandson is born into the British royal family and I am sure that he will grow up to serve the crown and the people of Britain with grace, dignity, and honour.

“GOD bless the child and I wish him health and happiness, and my congratulations to my lovely daughter Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry, and GOD save the Queen.”
(From a story at British tabloid The Sun; read it here.) 

Update #2 on Tuesday morning. People published the new cover early, featuring, no surprise, Meghan and her new baby. One nitpick with the headline: why is it "Meghan's Baby Joy"? We saw Harry on camera and he was as joyful as anyone can be.  

Issue dated May 20, 2019: The Royal Baby


Ever since my vacation a couple of weeks ago I've been out of my usual pattern of posting Guessing Game posts and each new cover. To catch us up, here are the two most recent covers: 

Issue dated May 6, 2019: Jennifer Garner
Image result for Jennifer Garner People cover Beautiful

Issue dated May 13, 2019: Hoda Kotb

Image result for Hoda Kotb on People cover May 13, 2019

No comments: