Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Archie??? - Updated



When I saw this I thought it was a parody but no. They've named him Archie. I hate it.

Update: Here's the color version of the picture above:



I'm still gagging over the name Archie and I'll be curious to see if there's ever an explanation for it, e.g., Meghan's beloved great-grandfather was named Archie. (To be clear, I made that up.) No title either, apparently. Presumably Her Majesty is OK with all this (and FWIW, she looks very chill in the picture) or it wouldn't have happened, so wow. The royal family really is changing.

I love that Meghan's mom Doria Ragland is included in the picture. Imagine what her life has been like recently. Three years ago she was a private yoga teacher and social worker in Los Angeles, with a daughter who was an actress. Now she's at Windsor Castle, not just standing next to The Queen, but related to her, in a my-daughter-is-married-to-your-grandson-and-we-have-a-mutual-descendant kind of way. It's a great story and I love it, even if that descendant has to go through life named Archie.

And one more thing. I've seen reporting that says that when Charles becomes King, Archie will automatically be upgraded to the rank and title of Prince. We'll see. 

No comments: