Wednesday, August 23, 2017

This Day In History, 1992: Hurricane Andrew

Update #2, Saturday morning: Obviously I wasn't paying enough attention to the Weather Channel Wednesday morning when I first posted this. Harvey, a very large storm indeed, was out there gathering strength and has now invaded Texas with wind, rain, tornadoes and thunderstorms. Will we see more big storms before the season is over? My guess? Yes.  

Update #1: Also on this day, in 2007, #thefirsthashtag:


Original post:



I remember this well, although I wasn't in Florida. I was in India, watching fuzzy international coverage on a small television. No following along on Twitter in those days! Forecasters have said this should be a stronger than usual year for hurricanes but so far no big storms have formed. Is the next Andrew waiting somewhere out in the Atlantic?

No comments: