Thursday, August 2, 2012

Go Gabby!

Could she be any cuter? Gabby Douglas wins gold in the gymnastics all around event and I'm cheering.  Understand, I haven't actually seen her performance, because NBC is saving it for their primetime show.  The results, however, have been all over the web today and you'd pretty much have to take to your bed and cover your head with a pillow to avoid hearing anything about the events taking place five hours to the east.  I'm going to try to stay up late enough tonight to see gymnastics, but I might not make it. My colleagues and I leave our hotel at 6.30 every morning, and given that the primetime Olympic show doesn't even start until 8.00 p.m., the television/sleep/Olympics/yawning continuum isn't working in my favor right now.

A few posts ago I said "Go Gymnastics Girls, kick some butt and win some gold."  They did, and as I said, I'm cheering. 

No comments: