Friday, August 10, 2012

Give Ryan A Rose!

I haven't been paying much attention to Ryan Lochte. He got a lot of press early in the Olympics when he beat Michael Phelps for a gold medal in one of the early races, but then he pretty much faded from view, or at least from my view. Then this morning there he was on the Today show for an end-of-the games retrospective interview with Matt Lauer, and wow, all of a sudden my cup runneth over with potential blog posts.

First I was struck by how cute he is, and then by the fact that he's not very, um, articulate. I was thinking that when the Olympics are over he can go to college and learn some new words, then Matt asked how old he is and he said 28. Yikes. Potential blogpost headline: He Really Is A Himbo.

Then they got into that whole "Ryan pees in the pool" issue and he sheepishly admitted that yes, he does, and I'm thinking, do the synchro swim girls know about this? In addition to the cool corkscrew move, the swimmers also come charging up out of the water spitting water into the air like a fountain, not something I want to do in a pool where Ryan has peed. Potential blogpost headline:  I Hope It's Not The Same Pool.  

Finally Matt asked Ryan what he wants to do next and he mentioned reality TV, like Dancing With The Stars or the Bachelor. Eureka! Ryan as the Bachelor! I'm still rooting for Roberto as the next Bachelor but after that, Ryan, will you accept this rose?  

No comments: