Saturday, April 18, 2009

Skype-ing and Facebook and Twitter, Oh My!

"Oh, My" indeed. I joined Twitter yesterday and so far I've written three "tweets". If you're interested you can check it out here: http://twitter.com/writingtheworld. With all the new ways to communicate and stay in touch, I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up. I know I'm behind on checking my Facebook page, and for a few weeks I was out of the habit of blogging, too. The unique thing about Twitter, of course, is that it's only 140 characters, which is really short and sweet - very easy to update and you don't have to worry about being profound. On the other hand, I do worry about being banal (i.e., boring.) Does anyone really want to know that I just vacuumed my carpets? Or even that it's supposed to be 73 degrees here in Chicagoland today? I have noticed that both my first two tweets and my recent blog posts seem to be a little bit obsessed with the weather. As I've said before, that's what happens at the end of a Chicago winter. We really do appreciate the first stirrings of spring.

No comments: