Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More Reality T.V.

Susan Boyle isn't the only one making news in Reality TV land. In spite of previous denials that she would ever do a reality show, apparently Octomom Nadya is close to finalizing a deal with a British company to do a series of shows about her children. Some reports said the shows would also include Nadya's adventures in dating, or "looking for love," in reality-speak. On one hand, she's got to earn money somehow, and if some company will pay her to make shows about her kids, good for her. On the other hand, I can't help wondering - will anyone really watch? Will I watch? I'm not sure. (True confession: I'll probably watch but I may not admit it.)

And just when you thought things couldn't get any weirder with our former governor, Blago is apparently going to appear on a reality show too, assuming, of course, that the federal judge in charge of his corruption trial says it's okay. The show is "I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here," and you can watch it on NBC starting June 1. There are the usual hoops to jump through, but if our pal Rod can make it to the end, he'll be crowned King of the Jungle. He'll also get $80,000 for every week that he's not eliminated. No, really. I'm not making this up. The Chicago Tribune says it's true.

No comments: