Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's Still Not Spring

Happy Easter to Everyone! Here in Chicagoland, it's been sunny all day but we're still waiting for it to feel like Spring. Right now it's 45 degrees at about 7:00 in the evening, and the warmest day in weather.com's 10-day forecast for Schaumburg is 60 degrees for next Friday. Brrrrrrrrr .... It's all relative, of course. I still have my weather printout from the day in February when it was -9.

Anyway, I had my windows open this afternoon and the fresh air was bracing but even so, it's almost mid-April with no 70 degree days in sight. We're probably past the danger of a hard freeze but I'm still not quite ready to plant my tomatoes.

On another subject, I've been Skype-ing up a storm recently, with a couple of long conversations with my sister in Oregon, as well as a nice long talk with my niece in Chile. For some reason when I was talking to Laura my webcam wasn't connecting right so we couldn't see each other, but it was still so cool to be talking to her via the computer. The sound was crystal clear, much better than most cell phone conversations I've had, even with people right here in Chicago, and it's free. What could be better!

No comments: