Friday, May 15, 2015

Blogging The Bach'ette (With Spoilers)

Note: this post contains a couple of early spoilers.


Ben Zorn


Chris Strandburg


Clint Arlis


Ian Thomson


Joe Bailey

Who are these guys? They're Chris Harrison's "5 Men To Watch," which means that one of them is probably now engaged to the Bachelorette.

And who is the Bachelorette? Warning: spoiler coming. ABC is still pretending that the identify of the Bachelorette is secret but anyone who's been on social media has probably sussed out the fact that Kaitlyn got the job. This is a slight disappointment to me because I was Team Britt, but you know, whatever. Kaitlyn it is and let the fun begin.

Speaking of spoilers, unlike past seasons I'm going to try to get through this season without reading any, which may not be that easy to do. I'll stay away from realitysteve.com, of course, but unless I go completely dark on all of social media, I may at some point come across some info about who's getting roses and who isn't. Still, I'm going to give it my best shot. I admit that Steve Carbone, a.k.a. Reality Steve, has changed the way I watched the show in the last few years. I'd gotten in the habit of visiting his site and reading his posts, with the result that I was watching the show already knowing who wins, who comes in second, who gets sent home rose-less after a date, etc. (Yes, most of the time he's got the goods, not just who the star is engaged to but how everything plays out across every episode.)

For this season, mostly just for a change, I've decided to go cold turkey on spoilers. I'm going to watch the old-fashioned way, not knowing the outcome until it plays out onscreen. That's the plan, anyway, except for one juicy tweet RS sent out yesterday:



This is Ryan M:
Ryan M

So gather ye rosebuds, Bach'ette fans, the mayhem is only three days away!

No comments: