Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Guessing Game

What will be on the cover of People magazine this week? 

I don't know. It seems as if there's not a whole lot going on in pop culture or maybe I'm just not paying enough attention. Thoughts:

My best guess is Angie and/or Brad. She received an award from the Queen last week and he's got a new movie coming out Friday. Pope Francis is in the news for his comments about gays but I'm not sure People would go there. Mitt Romney, running or not running? Maybe. I also thought of Stephen Collins but that story's so ugly the magazine probably doesn't want any part of it.

Martha Stewart and Gwyneth Paltrow are feuding, so maybe we'll get an all blonde cover story. I love the fact that Martha's magazine for November has a pie story titled "Conscious Coupling."

If I think of any other possibilities I'll update this post, otherwise we'll know at 7.00 a.m. central time tomorrow morning.

Update: Prince Harry. I've been expecting a Harry cover for a while. A couple of weeks ago there was a rumor that he'd gone on date with ex-girlfriend Cressy Bonas, now apparently he's been seen kissing a "mystery blonde."

One more guess, on Wednesday morning: Nina Pham, the nurse in Dallas who contacted Ebola from the patient who came from Liberia and later died. She's young and attractive and might be an easy way for People to put a face on the Ebola issue.

No comments: