Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Melissa McCarthy

Melissa McCarthy's Emotional Interview: Finding Love, Coping with Critics and Becoming a Star – Her Way

I've been away from the blog for a few days, a state of mind that will continue through this week-end when my niece gets married. It's the reason I didn't do an official Guessing Game post this week but if I had I might have thought of Melissa McCarthy because I've seen commercials for her new movie. I (mentally) figured the two celeb weddings might get the nod as sidebars.

I do have a new post up at Blog To Work, entitled "Battle Scars." You can read it here.

The upcoming wedding in my family is why I've gone mostly blog-silent this week and the excitement is building. I'm planning to post some pictures and stories about all the festivities, although I'll probably hold most of it until Sunday. (I've heard that with the ubiquity of social media, sometimes pictures of the bride in her dress and other details get posted on Facebook or other online places before the wedding even takes place. Not gonna happen here.) Right now our biggest concern, since it's an outdoor ceremony, is the weather on Saturday. I've been obsessively checking weather.com for the last few days and although they've been predicting rain, things appear to be improving, with a forecast of "showers" now downgraded to "few showers" and the chance of rain down from 60% to 30%.

The show will go on, rain or shine, and it will be a great day of celebration and love. More to come... In the meantime, here's another picture of the bride and groom, from their engagement photo shoot.



One more thing: My niece and her soon-to-be husband are not named "Lisa" and "Todd," but for privacy reasons that's how I'm going to refer to them here in the blog.

No comments: