Friday, May 29, 2009

Growing Tomatoes - It Runs In The Family


Those of you who read this blog and/or my tweets know how much I'm enjoying my little balcony garden. Well, just so you're up to date with all the green thumbs in my family, check out this picture my dad just sent me. He's decided to try the newest new way for people who don't actually live on farms to grow their own tomatoes. It's called the "Topsy Turvy" upside down hanging tomato planter - perfect if you don't have your own dirt.

My tomatoes have been in the dirt for a couple of weeks, so they've got a bit of a head start - I'm even seeing a couple of yellow flowers, which will eventually turn into fruit. Still, I'm interested to see how the whole upside down concept works. Watch this space - as we go through the summer I'll provide periodic updates in the saga of the dueling tomato plants.

No comments: