Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Jennifer Aniston

Issue dated March 5, 2018: Jennifer Aniston


My first guess was right and I admit I'm a little surprised. When Aniston's divorce was first announced I figured it would be the main cover story. Then the Florida shooting story, including the outrage and activism of the survivors, continued to grow throughout the week and I assumed it would be the main story, with Jennifer as a sidebar. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall as People editors made the final decision about which story to feature more prominently. It's also a bit unusual for there to be only two cover headlines and I'm surprised that so far, People has stayed away from any Olympic coverage, not to mention all the colorful personalities currently populating Donald Trump's universe.

Regarding Aniston, if it seems as if we've been down this road before, you're right. It was 13 years ago:

Issue dated January 24, 2005
Heartbreaker

Issue dated January 31, 2005
Going Their Own Way

Issue dated April 11, 2005
Signing Off

Issue dated August 15, 2005
Jen Tells All: How It All Fell Apart

October 13, 2005
More Than Friends

February 6, 2005
Jen Faces Her Future

There were also a bunch of "Brangelina" covers in 2005-2006, you can see them here.

Read the Guessing Game post here.

Last year at this time: Issue dated March 6, 2017

No comments: