Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Other George

Amal Alamuddin's Engagement Ring from George Clooney – See Exclusive Photos!| Couples, Engagements, Amal Alamuddin, George Clooney

Yes, it's George, and not the traveling nine-month-old infant this time.

The sidebar stories are a surprise. I hadn't seen anything about Queen Latifah recently, and the Dead Blonde Girl in the bottom picture doesn't look familiar either. Nothing about Prince Harry's breakup yet, although that may have happened too late on Tuesday to get a cover story polished and ready to go. Stories about the royals must really be selling well in general, however, because there's more about Kate, this time apparently doing nothing more interesting than standing around looking good in her clothes. (All her latest looks... ) I find myself hoping Harry and Cressida's break-up is only temporary because I'm pretty sure royal stories would be a whole lot snazzier with "Princess Cressy" in the mix.

One more thing, completely unrelated to anything in People magazine: This is my 400th blog post. How about that? When I started blogging in 2009 I had no idea how it would go or what it would turn out to be but five years later I still love my little blog.

I'm also now contributing (once a week, on Mondays) to a more serious, professional blog called Blog To Work, which you can check out here, but this space will continue to be the place for my stream-of-consciousness musings about whatever catches my attention on any given day. Who knows what we'll be talking about in the future; I'm looking forward to my next 400 blog posts!

No comments: