Thursday, April 10, 2014

It's Still A Small World, After All



I like mash-ups with groups of people singing the same song, sometimes in different languages, and this video is lots of fun. Disney is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the It's A Small World ride, which was introduced at the New York World's Fair in 1964 then moved out to Disneyland when the Fair was over in 1965. It brings back memories of my first visit to Disneyland at age 11 or so. If I remember right, the Small World ride was free, or at least very inexpensive and I think I rode it several times. My family actually went to the World's Fair, too, and I assume we would have gone on the Small World ride there too, but I don't remember it specifically.

The other thing I like about this video is seeing Richard Sherman, one half of the Sherman Brothers, who wrote some of Disney's best-loved songs. (In Saving Mr. Banks, he was played by Jason Schwartzman.) So watch the video, sing along, then try to get the catchy little song out of your head!

No comments: