Sunday, July 14, 2013

I Was Distracted By A Bumblebee and Your Garbage Can Is On Fire

In this world it seems that you're either an Aaron Sorkin fan, or not. There are no doubt people who have never heard of him and never watched any of his stuff, but those who have generally aren't neutral. Sorkin fans think he's brilliant, creative, entertaining, instructional and funny. Sorkin haters think he's self-important and self-referential, didactic, misogynistic and self-righteously liberal. Me? All of the above. And, yes I'm a fan.

As two Sorkin mash-up videos show, he's also very repetitive. He's also very repetitive. Just for fun:

Really? Yeah. Really? Yeah. Really? Yeah.
This isn't happening
To say nothing of the fact
Don't be ridiculous, everybody likes me.
I'm not other people, I'm not that guy.
That was predictable.
It's entirely up to you.
This will get worse before it gets better.
I really am quite something.
Just sign the damn thing!
You bet.

I was going to talk about season 2 of The Newsroom, which starts tonight, but I've already moved on to other things in my head. You know, Belgium.

No comments: