Friday, July 24, 2020

The Top 1% - Update

I'm going to keep posting these as I see them; see the first post here.




 Update on Wednesday, August 5. Another one:

Image


The sender is newly promoted campaign manager Bill Stepien. It's hard to read so I typed out the content:


CONFIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN STRATEGY: PLEASE DON'T SHARE  

Friend,

I'll get right to it.

November 3rd is coming at us fast and I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to secure another victory for President Trump.

The president said that you're one of his strongest allies. I always trust what he thinks, so I only have one question for you: are you ready to flight alongside me and CRUSH Joe Biden on Election Day?

I know you're up for the challenge. You've been a strong supporter of the President since the very beginning, which is why I need you to take the Official 2020 Campaign Strategy Survey. 

This survey is strictly confidential and is meant for your eyes only. If should go without saying, but please do NOT forward this to anyone. [end]


When I see these missives I always wonder why they're insisting on secrecy. Given that the message probably went to literally millions of people, the campaign can't possibly believe that no one will forward it. I got it from David Corn, of Mother Jones, who posted it on Twitter. Not exactly confidential. 

Is it possible this is some kind of reverse psychology? Trying to trick recipients into sharing it? No way to know. And wouldn't you love to know what's on the Official 2020 Campaign Strategy Survey?  



No comments: