Thursday, March 5, 2009

Almost Spring...

As I'm writing this it's 61 degrees here in Chicagoland and it feels pretty good. Even though Spring is officially a couple of weeks away, it's so nice to be able to have my windows open and fill my house with fresh air. I actually went outside without a coat today, which I haven't done since last October.

I was also surprised to see that this is the week-end that we "spring forward" our clocks for daylight savings time - it kind of snuck up on me. It really has been a cold and dreary winter in the Windy City so it's nice to be able to anticipate the warmer weather and the longer days. I always say that people who live in Los Angeles and other warmer climates don't appreciate Spring the way we do. You can't really savor that first warm, sunny day until you've lived through a Chicago winter. Just a few more weeks and it will be time to plant my tomatoes ...

No comments: