Monday, April 1, 2019

People Are In It For The Cheese, Anyway

View this post on Instagram
Wanna know the HACK that has saved me the most time & money this year??? Faux fruit! Yes...you heard me! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ The first time, I was in a total bind and couldn’t find the fresh grapes I desperately needed for a shoot. So I popped into @michaelsstores, hoping they’d have some realistic vines. Low & behold, it worked and you guys didn’t notice!! So I’ve been using them on and off ever since. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ You can even use them when serving guests so long as you tell everyone which fruit is real and which is faux. People are usually in it for the cheese anyway. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ SWIPE for labels & a closer look. And here are some tips for ensuring it looks as real as possible: 🍇 Choose realistic varieties like grapes, pears or crab apples. The oranges & lemons tend to look extremely waxy 🍇 Wash thoroughly before placing next to edible items. You don’t know who could have man-handled them at the store. 🍇 Cut off the fake leaves. They’re usually a dead giveaway. 🍇 Put a small sign next to the chessboard letting your guests know to avoid any accidents or unhappy surprises. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ The more you can supplement faux fruit on your board, the more you save AND the less grocery trips you need to make. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Head on over to IG Stories for the full STEP-BY-STEP and a closer look at how realistic these guys look. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️AND IF YOU READ THUS FAR... #AprilFools ⭐️⭐️⭐️
A post shared by Meg Quinn (@ainttooproudtomeg) on


I admit, I fell for it. April Fool! 

No comments: