Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Britney Spears

Wednesday afternoon update: When I write about People magazine cover stories I frequently group them in categories, like Dead Celebrity, Dead Blonde Woman or True Crime. Now I'm discerning a potential new category, Singer Plus Two Kids. The February 2 Jennifer Lopez cover story sure looks a lot like this week's new issue. (The [super]star opens up... ) To ponder: who made the decision that Jennifer Lopez is a "star," while Britney Spears is a "superstar"?)

Issue dated February 2, 2015
Jennifer Lopez tells PEOPLE 'I Still Believe in the Fairy Tale'

Original Post:
Issue dated April 6, 2015
Britney Spears

Really? This is one of those cover stories that I didn't predict, (thinking about it yesterday I figured it would be Angelina Jolie and her latest health problems,) and more than that, I can't figure out why it's there. Britney Spears? I have no idea why she's considered topical this week. She has a hit show in Las Vegas that's been in place since 2013 and the only thing a quick Google search turned up about that is that her hair extensions recently fell out on stage.

Celine Dion, a cute dog, Easy Easter Recipes and a Dead Blonde Woman round out the cover stories this week.

No comments: