Saturday, August 23, 2014

Who?

Jill Duggar Pregnant - 19 Kids and Counting Star

Jill Duggar? Really? This week's cover is so dreary that I couldn't even bring myself to post it for a few days. I know about the Duggars but I didn't realize one of the daughters would rate a People cover. I'm more interested in the other Duggar news, which is that mom-of-19 Michelle recorded a robocall encouraging people to fight an ordinance that would protect the rights of transgendered individuals. I think she's ignorant in the extreme, as well-expressed by Rebecca Stokes at The Stir:

I genuinely dig this lady. She's truly gifted when it comes to interacting with children, and I think every human being should be allowed to live their life in whatever way they see fit. In theory, someone in Michelle's position should believe the same thing! She's received her own share of criticism from the country (and the world) about her decision to continue having children. You'd think as such she'd be more sensitive to the feelings and rights of others.
This ordinance (which passed, by the way, in spite of her call) would be preventing other human beings from being persecuted for no crimes other than asserting their identities.Michelle's ignorance is the only thing this call revealed. Promoting the false idea that every member of the transgendered community is a pedophile is just unspeakably stupid. I wish there was a nicer word I could use, but there isn't. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Read the whole article here.

No comments: