Friday, December 7, 2012

Still "Over-Egging The Pudding"

I've always loved "Les Miserables". I saw it on stage in Chicago in the early 1990's and I've listened to the CD soundtrack probably 1,000 times. (Although, full disclosure, I've never actually read the book...) Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the new movie, based on the stage play, so I was enjoying the positive review in the British paper The Telegraph. They like the film, great, and I was just reading along when there it was, in the last paragraph, another use of my new favorite expression, "over-egging the pudding." My first exposure to this charmingly British idiom was in an article about Paul Ryan's exaggerated marathon time, which I linked to last August. Now here it is again, this time slightly abbreviated and referring to "comic book camera angles." I'm still waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it in a sentence.

No comments: