Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Do You Know Who Justin Bieber Is?

The new issue of People Magazine has Justin Bieber on the cover, along with a headline that identifies him as the "World's Biggest Pop Star". If that doesn't get you going, the sub-headline further states that he's the "hottest 16-year-old on the planet."

I must really be out of it because until 2 days ago, when his name was mentioned as a performer at the White House Easter Egg Roll, I had never heard of Justin Bieber. He's the so-called biggest pop star on earth and I had literally never heard his name.

I don't know if I'm really that isolated or if I'm just not paying attention to the latest teeny-bopper rock star sensation, but whatever. I've heard of him now and "world's biggest pop star" is close enough to "king of pop" that I can't help thinking of Michael Jackson. What are the chances that we'll still be talking about Justin Bieber in 25 years?

No comments: